This is such an exciting time to celebrate! The most important thing to remember for newborn sessions is the baby is in charge. most times the baby needs to be fed & changed one or more times during a session. We just go with the flow & work around baby's needs.
Another important thing with Newborn sessions is timing...You typically want to schedule them within the first two weeks when a newborn is still sleepy & brand new. After a few weeks babies are awake longer & start moving a little more. You can definitely still get great photos, but the first two weeks are a magical time to capture that curled up newness.
Newborn Session $300
*2-3 hour in-home session
*Family/Siblings pictures are included
*Props are provided
Maternity & Newborn $500
(Savings of $50)
Baby's Big Moments $700
(Savings of $100)
3 sessions - Newborn, 6 Months & 1 Year
Capture Every Moment $900
(Savings of $150)
4 Sessions - Maternity, Newborn, 6 Months & 1 Year
Helpful hints for Newborn Sessions:
1. Try to keep the baby awake. Sleepy babies are easier to pose. Baths sometimes help with this!
2. Feed the baby before the session. A full belly makes it easier to get into a good sleep, which is needed for some of those curled up poses. If you can time a feeding shortly before the session that is great!
3. Don't go cleaning crazy. You just had a baby and are probably going on little sleep. I set up in a small area for the solo studio style pictures. For the family pictures, let me know if have a preference on location... the most common spots are the nursery, family room, master bedroom and outside if the weather is nice!
4. Undress the baby. Before the last feeding, undress the baby and just keep them warm in a blanket. This way they won't wake up getting undressed (if they fall asleep eating)!
5. Plan ahead. Think about any props you want to include ahead of time. I will bring tons of props like hats, headbands, wraps, outfits, etc. You don't have to have a single thing prepared, but if there are any items you want included just pull them out so we don't miss them!
6. Relax....all newborns cry! I am a mom too, and I know how stressful pictures can be. Again, don't worry, I am used to it and expect it. Great pictures can be made while you are rocking or feeding your baby . In fact, sometimes these moments make the most beautiful memories of all.